Monday, September 14, 2009

Fabulous Birthday

My birthday on Friday was really wonderful. Although I always feel a little odd celebrating on September 11, and I usually dislike my birthday in general, a lot of people made it very special this year, and I feel really blessed.

The day started off wonderfully. I decided to make my own cupcakes. Red velvet is my favorite, and for it being my first time making cupcakes from scratch, I think I did pretty well. Plus, the batter is an amazingly fun color.



I had everything in order for the most part. Last week I made the place settings for ten with some buttons and twine.

Later, a friend brought me this, which just made my whole day.


The table was set with vintage fabrics and wildflowers.

Then after some frenzied cooking time, twilight was setting in and the candles and lanterns started glowing, and it was time to get the party started. A friend took over photography duties.

And although the frosting was temperamental (butter and cream cheese do not like hot kitchens), the cupcakes came together and were delicious.

And my most amazing friends got me the greatest birthday present, which, if you read this post, you will know how much it means to me.

Later, even though it was still fairly warm, we had a fire.

There was dancing, talking, drinking, laughing, eating, and just being with awesome friends. It was a very, very good time.


Picture-A-Day:
My most amazing birthday present. My kitchen, morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment