Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ballet, Candlelight, Happy Birthday, Little Blog

And, taking from yesterdays inspiration, some ways to evoke the spirit of ballet with your style. Of course, all at the same time would be overkill, but some tulle and feathers here and there mixed with billowy, flowing fabrics suggests all the grace and beauty of dance.


Tie your hair up in pretty buns and incorporate hair accessories,

Fun costume elements when you're feeling more adventurous,



Ballet-themed jewelry,



Tulle skirts and dresses





Actual ballet dresses



Flowy scarves and shirts that suggest movement.


Legwarmers


Capezio shoes:




Picture-A-Day:


Raspberry sorbet. My office, afternoon.




Also, K surprised me last night with a candlelit picnic in the park. It was really lovely, romantic and much-needed. It made me quite happy. Some really dark pictures:





One final note, I just want to wish this little blog a happy birthday. I can't believe I've been collecting thoughts and inspirations here for a whole year already.

1 comment: