Friday, September 25, 2009

The September Issue

I went to see The September Issue last night, and I quite enjoyed it. I love the editorial spreads in Vogue, and it was fascinating to see behind the scenes. I wish we could have heard more from the very reticent Anna Wintour, and I would have liked to see more of the interworkings of the editorial process, but it was still a really interesting study of the way the Bible of the Fashion World comes to be. And I kind of fell in love with Grace Coddington, whose work I've admired for years. K was nice enough to accompany me, and even seemed interested (bless him) when I pulled out my September 2007 Vogue and made him look through it when we got home.
Some of my favorite images from that issue:











Okay, so I really loved the 20s shoot. I like the texture shoot a lot as well, but pictures were more difficult to find.

Anyway, I recommend this film to anyone remotely interested in magazines and/or fashion. Have a good weekend!

Picture-A-Day:
Outside K's house, yesterday evening.

Listening to because it was in the movie so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment