Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Random Weekday Weekend Recap

I had a really amazing time at the music festival this weekend. I barely took photos (it's not always easy at these types of events), but K took a few when he met up with me the second day. Although I liked having him there, I am a bit astonished to say I had a lot of fun by myself the first night. I wasn't alone for long because I was sporadically meeting up with friends, but the times I was alone I felt free to wander, and two amazing things happened.

First, Matt and Kim (who were delightfully energetic and engaging--possibly my favorite of the night) played my theme song.

And then Connor Oberst brought out "special guest," Jenny Lewis and I about lost it. Especially when she started playing one of my favorite Rilo Kiley songs. It was a good night. The next night was also amazing, but in a bigger, less personal, wow it's insane I'm seeing this right now kind of way. I mean, PUBLIC ENEMY! and Of Montreal with their crazy props and costumes,
We also saw an insane show by The Dead Weather, a very colorful, fun show by MIA and also the wonderful Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings

I also went to the vintage sale. I didn't find any dresses, but I did get a few shirts and some amazing fabric (they had piles and piles for super cheap! I only wish I'd had my camera. Sometimes I swear I need to just strap it to myself).

The ModSwap was fun too!

And then K and I indulged in food that epitomizes the finest in American cuisine:


All in all, a really good, if exhausting (and HOT!! crossing my fingers this heat wave is done soon) weekend.

Picture-A-Day I'm trying not to just take pictures of flowers, but I can't help it, they're so pretty! Leaving my house, morning.

Listening to, because I didn't get enough, love, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment