Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn

I just realized that my month of Picture-A-day (or at least Picture-A-Workday) is complete. I don't think I am ready to give it up though, so I won't. It's my blog, and I can do what I want!

And what I really want is to feel Fall in my skin and my soul the way I do at home. It's almost like withdrawal, it's so strong, this need. So I am going to live it out here and in my head, retreat inside my brain and try to really feel the season draping itself across the cracks and heat of summer like a delicious cloud of spice and wool and fog and leaves.


So in my head today, I'm packing up a scooter, taking to the leaf-strewn streets, and retreating to the woods to read and write and roll in piles of leaves under trees and wrap up in plaid blankets and to drink coffee with nutmeg and to smile.










I am sorry I'm so obsessed with Fall lately, but I just need it right now.


Picture-A-Day:
On my street, morning.

Listening to Atlas Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment