Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Is It Wrong to Love a Churchwarden?

Yesterday was full of other projects, hence no post, but I'll give a Tuesday Edition weekend recap. Overall, it was nice and also random. The sun finally came out a little, but unfortunately it was right as my indoor mood kicked in. I did get out and enjoy it some. Also, I fear this may be text-heavy, so I'm going to sprinkle it with some of K's London photos.

Long story short, the weekend consisted of: an art collective house party featuring a gypsy jazz band, local music at my favorite neighborhood bar, a yacht rock anniversary party, an art gallery opening, K's band at another local music venue (although he has someone filling in while he's away), being an extra in a friend's music video and the BEST chilaquiles in town.

My favorite part of the weekend, however, came when a friend and I decided to go to Old Town and hang with the tourists. We wandered into the most amazing tobacco shop that has been there since the mid 1800s. We went into the side room where the cigars are sold. It is dark and brick, with old red velvet and wood chairs, free coffee and some tables. There are arched church windows that look into the main room, and it has a cozy, old fashioned study sort of feel. The kind of place men of the Belle Epoch would go to drink Scotch, smoke cigars and talk women, dirt, and politics. Needless to say, the presence of young women seemed an anomaly, and we got a lot of attention. But it was a relaxed and friendly sort of attention, and we stayed there for most of the afternoon. I decided I simply must get a pipe because during a small pipe tutorial, I fell in love with the Churchwarden:

I have no idea how to smoke a pipe, but for that beauty, I would definitely learn.

Listening to Drew Andrews, the friend with the upcoming music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment