Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Well Rested



So, although I had a nice weekend, I took a mental health day yesterday. I was feeling pretty run down and couldn't really figure out why until a friend pointed out to me that it's been an emotional couple of weeks (not all bad by any means, but ranging on the spectrum, for sure). From our first event for our new project to preparing for and taking K to the airport and sending him off to London, it's been busy and happy/sad. It was really nice to take a day to rest and clear my head (and NOT feel guilty for not cleaning my kitchen...but I do kind of anyway).
All I did, really, was rest, go to the market, make pink lemonade, paint my nails and read. It was glorious.

Oh! and I got to video chat with K, which brightened up my day a lot! I'm not really a phone lover, so it is great to be able to speak "face-to-face". It makes a big difference. He was filling me in on some of the things he's been doing so far, and look at this amazing photo he took in Hyde Park:

Listening to Zee Avi.

No comments:

Post a Comment