Thursday, June 11, 2009

Personal Updates


So, although I still don't have a laptop, I uploaded some photos to K's computer and so am going to post some I've been meaning to.

↑ These are all from a picnic K and I had last Sunday in the park near his house. It was a gorgeous day with big, fluffy white clouds and plenty of sun. I guess I'll be doing these solo for awhile (he's leaving tomorrow; I still can't believe it).

Here's me with Annie Clark (St. Vincent) and her bassist. ↓

Merch table ↓
The St. Vincent show was amazing. The best I've heard at that venue in a long while. She kills at guitar (who knew?) and is also really lovely and friendly in person. Every man at the show was practically reduced to a puddle. One guy actually said (a little breathlessly) after meeting her, "I now have to go home and reconsider my life." I didn't fare much better though and decided right after meeting her that we should be bffs (she told me I look familiar! cool, I guess?). She was just hanging out outside and people were getting pictures with her, so I jumped on the bandwagon, even though I never do stuff like that. But I'm glad I got the photos.

And finally, here's a photo from my event I briefly mentioned on this post. These are the people with whom I have started a lit journal/arts project. I'm happy to say that our even went really, really well and that the project is really starting to take off.

Okay, enough personal stuff for one day.

Listening to Other Lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment