Thursday, June 25, 2009

Here's to Real Friends!

"True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island...to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing."
-- Baltasar Gracian*


I have been contemplating friendship today, thinking over what it means to be a friend and to have friends. It can be difficult to find people whose values fit our own, who are not selfish, who have time to nurture new friendships and who are willing/able to work through hard times and misunderstandings. People who are loyal.


I'm really thankful for the people in my life--those I see all the time and those who live far away--whom I can consider true friends. One good thing about K being away, I also have more time to spend with them!

↑ mine

*some details of his life I found particularly ironic when I found this quote today.

Listening to Michael Jackson. RIP.

2 comments:

  1. i'm going through the same thing also. i would almost rather be alone than deal with toxic friendships and wait for a good friend to come along. they will be so worth it in the end

    ReplyDelete