Monday, June 8, 2009

Beach Time


I know this is preposterous, but sometimes I forget I live near the beach. Although I live in a beach-centric city, I don't identify with beach culture and the usually rowdy college party crowd it attracts, and so have gravitated to the more inland, artsy communities. I feel safe there, usually far away from the apeish male posturing and giggling female subordination that is so present in beach nightlife. (Okay, sweeping generalizations, but some stereotypes are earned).

I do, however, think it's time to venture west a little. I adored the beach when I was a child and could spend all day in the ocean. I want to squish my toes in the sand and rush shoulder-deep into the ocean again and experience that bleached out, salty, sun drenched feeling that truly embodies summer. It is, afterall, rather ridiculous to live so near this without ever seeing it.


Plus, beach fashion doesn't have to be all string bikinis and muscle tees:



Listening to Wavves.

No comments:

Post a Comment