Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Different Shade of...Shade

In anticipation of Spring (which isn't until March 20, but I am definitely ready), I've been thinking of a childhood obsession of mine that sprung from too much Jane Austen and an Oregon-cultivated need for sun protection: the Parasol.
While I am looking forward to many lovely sunny days gardening and reading in the yard, I'm still an indoor girl at heart, which requires protection from the elements. But why not be pale and girly in stlye, right?

The parasol is an accessory that doesn't really need much updating to remain in style, and is such a charming addition to a summer ensemble.

From the Victorians ↑ to modern day ↓


Parasols are even charming ON accessories:


I found these childrens parasols and want one for myself! ↓



Anyway, just a little love.

No comments:

Post a Comment