Monday, March 2, 2009

Surprise Buttons

This weekend while strolling around my new neighborhood, I ran into some friends who mentioned that they'd just seen and passed by a bag of buttons on the ground. I perked up because I absolutely love buttons, I have since I was a kid, and they managed to find them again and gave them to me. It was a delightful surprise. I have a lot of buttons I found at antique shops over the years, and sometimes people give them to me as gifts, but my collection is fairly monochrome. I would like to expand it a little and also find new ways to incorporate them into projects. I've never been a fan of all-button crafts or button jewelry (I usually find it too cutesy), but there are a lot of ways to use buttons as great accents to crafts. And, also, I am recently in love with vintage buttons on their original cards, and find them art pieces in themselves. I must acquire some!





These people agree button cards are great art pieces and have framed them:

This craft example is pretty without overdoing it, and incorporates the card:

I just love them!

Also, there's a whole blog for button lovers, which is great. It always surprises me when I find other people who have the smae random interests.

Listening to Throw Me the Statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment