Thursday, March 5, 2009

Baby Fever

I can hardly wait for the weekend to come (in fact, I'm taking tomorrow off, so it will be here soon). The reason for my impatience: I am becoming an aunt tomorrow. I haven't had a young child in my life since I was about 10, and it is going to be this equal mix of joy, oddness, wonder and love. I cannot wait to meet her! Thinking about all the magical activities we will get to do together including two of my favorite pastimes: reading and drawing. I think my first career aspiration was to be a childrens book illustrator, and looking around recently, I discovered a treasure of one. Her name is Rie Cramer, and her work is brilliant.


I know that she illustrated many of the popular Fairy Tales as well as Dutch stories. I would love to find some of her books. What a gift. Imagine a nursery with a Rie Cramer theme...lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment