Monday, March 16, 2009

Message in a Bottle


Oh no! I may have found a new thing to collect/clutter my house with. While perusing the goods at a local antique shop, I ran across some vintage German poison bottles and I about died. I almost grabbed them, but they were running about $150 each, and I just couldn't quite justify it. But it got me thinking about antique bottles. My aunt has a really stellar collection she dug up on her property in Oregon, but I haven't considered getting together a real collection of my own (until now that is). And with sites such as this, and this, I realize there is so much fun history to uncover.









Although this picture is a bit overkill, bottles can be a really fun decorative element:

I especially love the idea of grouping by color.


Also, They make great objects for photography:

Scott Nelles

And finally, they are also great canvases. I think it would be really fun to incorportate paint and collage to some, as Laura Normandin has done. ↓




Listening to Micachu.

1 comment:

  1. I love anqitue bottles! I don't know why but there is just something about them.

    ReplyDelete