Thursday, January 29, 2009

"The Wonderful Land of the Internet"

I spend a fair amount of my time at a computer, which inevitably leads to internet time, which lately, has been a strange adventure every day. Internet exploration is new to me, but it feels as though I've been plunged into a strange and colorful land where there are endless things to see, characters to meet and inspiration to be had. And all from the comfort of my chair. For many, this revelation may seem laughably overdue (afterall, how long has the internet been around?), but I have somehow managed to avoid any recreational internetting. Anyhow, this new exploratory spirit accounts for the direction this blog has taken. It was originally a place for me to share random thoughts and talk about nothing in particular (hence its title). I've found, however, that each day brings me something exciting and inspiring that I must share. Today's no different. Perhaps my musings over "the Land of Internet" was what drew me to Samantha Zaza. I absolutely love her take on Oz (as I interpret it, anyway: girl with small dog in a blue dress, field of poppies, sleepiness, a lion...) anyway, it seems appropriate for this post:


She also has two series on her website that make me smile, and that I simply adore. The first, called "Angry Women in Party Dresses" is brilliant:



I like her so much, I even subscribed to her blog. Her sketches and the stories that accompany them are delightful. ♥

Listening to Yacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment