Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Globe Trekker

Speaking of things I discovered in college (see previous Bitch post), I was staying with a friend recently who has a TV, and I happened to come across my favorite, favorite travel show, Globe Trekker. I was thrilled! This show was a Sunday ritual for me, and, being now (mostly happily) without television, I haven't thought about the show in a few years. What a nice reunion it was though. What makes this show great is its low-key, toned down approach. It is definitely not one of those "XXTREME IN YOUR FACE" shows, yet there is plenty of adventure to be had. The hosts are always charming in their own unique ways, and really have a way of making the viewer feel like a friend who had been invited along on this journey. They are respectful of the cultures they encounter and provide well researched, delightfully informative narration. I can't say enough about this show (although the website leaves something to be desired). I may have to purchase a few seasons. Ah, Love.

Check out a little preview here.

It's going to be an exciting season, as they are going to England & Wales


Iran

the Greek Islands


Kenya


Peru

and

New Zealand


...just to name a few.

Listening to kim ki o.

No comments:

Post a Comment