Thursday, November 5, 2009

Shall I Compare Thee to a Starvation Diet?

I once did the Master Cleanse for 10 days, and while I love writing and don't necessarily want to compare it to ingesting only lemon juice, syrup and cayenne pepper for over a week, I'm starting to see some similarities. As I recall, I made it through days 1-4 okay. There was hunger, sure, a lot of it, but it was bearable. But by day 5 I was ready to eat the crumbs out of my computer keyboard and was obsessively searching for pictures of food on the internet. Day 5 of National Novel Writing Month definitely has me craving anything that isn't typing, fruitless as those distractions may be, and I've never wanted to read a novel more in my life. Drink it in rather than force one out of me (hopefully you're not envisioning gross detox images there).

Anyhow, I'm soldiering on. Because as hard as day 5 was through detox, on the other side it was definitely smoother sailing.









NaNoWordCount: 8,976

Listening to Or, The Whale because K's band is playing with them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment