Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Felicity

Wow, writing a novel in a month really doesn't leave one a lot of spare time. And, I took up guitar lessons on a whim, so it's been pretty hectic. I started all these blog posts but never finished them, so I'll be posting the back log whenever I get a spare moment. I miss my blog, and I really miss picture-a-day, so that will be coming back soon too, hopefully.

That said, here is a post I started last week about a show I loved and recently found for super cheap on dvd, and so have started watching again. Go ahead, judge me. I would too if I were you. Actually the guy behind the counter when I was purchasing three seasons (shame) was definitely judging me, and kept asking me questions such as, "Is this like Dawson's Creek?" and then laughing. But it was a small price to pay because this show is awesome (at least the bit of the first season I've seen). I don't think TV like this could exist now--it's too tame and clean, especially for a show about college students in New York, but Felicity is so adorable and naive that you just get pulled into her wide-eyed romanticism and her awkward nerdiness. And call it the return of 90s fashion influencing me, but I also really love her style. Granted, the hair is the true center of her look (such a shame when she cut it off), but I also love the buttoned up, chunky sweaters, Chuck Taylors, casual collegiate thing she has going on.


I definitely think her look can be reinterpreted. These girls seem to be channeling Felicity pretty well. I really need to find myself some chunky sweaters!





But seriously, that hair! I love it.



NaNoWordCount: 17,740

Listening to because it is SO of the time.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i LOVED felicity. except the last season. that was BS.

    ReplyDelete