Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

A pretty eventful weekend. On Saturday I helped some friends with their music video shoot, which I really wish I had brought my camera for because there were many awesome photo opportunities involving fake blood and creepy lighting in an empty bar.

Sunday a group of friends and I went to the Getty in LA, and it was so amazing. I absolutely love that place. It's a great day trip from where I live, and if you take several people in each car like we did, it's also cheap. The museum itself is free, parking is $15, and the cafe has really good, cheap food.

The main exhibit was Rembrandt and his students, and I could have looked for days. His sketches are so skillful and fascinating, and it is astonishing that they are so well preserved for how old they are. I mean, these were done between 1640 and 1660:



Really, one could spend a whole day just walking around the outdoor area. They have a beautiful garden, cafes, lawns to sleep on, incredible views of downtown LA and Century City. I want to go back!






Listening to Quasi. New album! Yay! One of my favorite bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment