Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catalogues

I have an aversion to mail. It stresses me out to see all that paper and all those sales pitches coming at me every day. I like to receive letters and postcards, but other than that, I immediately throw everything else in the recycle bin.

The one other exception is that I love catalogues. The cheesier the better. Something about flipping through pages and pages of baffling and hideous products, wondering who actually buys this stuff, and coming up with ways of utilizing said odd products if you owned them, I don't know...it's fun somehow. I can't really explain it, but, SkyMall, anyone? Yeah.

The best part is when you spot something you would actually buy (this happens occasionally with clothing catalogues, and despite different stying choices, etc., sometimes it really is possible to find a diamond in the rough). Some recent examples:




(Actually, I may already have a few pair of these.)



(This gets relevant at 1:11.)

Picture-A-Day:
The way up to work. Elevator, morning.


Listening to Goldie and the Gingerbreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment