Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fashion is better when it makes you feel special.

I haven't done a fashion post in awhile. I did find some awesome vintage dresses last weekend and I adore them for their unique one-of-a-kind quality. I occassionally go in for mass-produced clothes (I get a sort of happy headrush when I walk into the bright, colorful cotton world of American Apparel, and I fully intend to clean out Topshop while I'm in London). But I absolutely love finding new, smaller designers and only wish I had a bigger budget. One (among many) thing I miss about Portland was the accessiblity to local or less-well-known designers and occassionally finding great steals. I love the attention to detail and the quality one gets from clothing that isn't mass produced. Clothing really can make you feel special, and special clothing is a joy to wear. All that said just to say I found Heidi Merrick, and I am in LOVE with her designs.






She has a blog too.

Listening to El Perro del Mar.

No comments:

Post a Comment